How to Upgrade Magento (Adobe Commerce) to 2.3
The eCommerce world is rapidly changing, and almost all the shopping carts receive constant updates in order to keep up with the latest trends. Developers do their best to add more functionality, make platforms more user-friendly, and ease the overall store-administration process. Probably all Magento (Adobe Commerce) store owners are aware that the company stops supporting Magento 1 in June 2020. Therefore, it is necessary to upgrade their current shopping cart to the latest version. So, if you’re still using Magento 1.x, it’s high time for the much-needed (and probably long-delayed) migration. Keep reading to find out the benefits of using Magento 2.3 and possible ways of how you can upgrade Magento to 2.3.
Watch our video tutorial to see how easy it is to automatically upgrade Magento with the help of the Cart2Cart migration tool:
How To Upgrade Magento In ⌛ 5 Minutes (2022⚡ | Non-Techie Friendly)
Here you will find how to upgrade Magento without any extra help and effort. Get more details here…
Magento (Adobe Commerce) 2.3 Overview
Magento 2.3 has excellent product management, comprehensive discounting options, multilingual functionality and a great plugin marketplace. Enriched with essential features and functionalities to provide everything in one platform, Magento (Adobe Commerce) has earned the love and loyalty of millions of online entrepreneurs all over the world.
Pros & Cons of Switching Magento to Magento 2.3
As we’ve already mentioned, new and updated versions of the software are usually surpassing the older ones in functionality and useful features. Thus, Magento 2.3 has the following advantages over its predecessors:
- Multi-Source Inventory (MSI) — this feature gives merchants the possibility to manage several stores from a single admin panel.
- Progressive Web App (PWA) — is an application aimed at attracting people to the store, improving conversions, and generating more leads.
- GraphQL support — an API technology that helps PWA to extract info from Magento through small-scale data packages.
- Declarative Schema — eases the Magento installation and update process. Thus, database tables will be set out in XML and not in install scripts.
- Asynchronous and Bulk Web API — allows running several API requests simultaneously. This function improves the efficiency of integrations that need lots of API calls and is useful for the large-scale stores that have bulk API requests.
- Elasticsearch — is a third-party search engine that increases the speed and appropriateness of the store’s search results.
- PHP 7.2 support — improves the performance and adds functionality to Magento 2.3. Additionally, it increases the level of security.
- Page Builder — is an intuitive drag-and-drop interface that enables users to add images, videos, banners, etc. to their stores. It is especially useful for those who do not possess any coding skills.
- Security improvements include Google reCAPTCHA validation and two-factor authentication.
- Better indexing performance — indexing time has been reduced by 60%.
- Message queue — enables non-synchronous interaction between systems.
Taking into consideration the improvements that have been introduced in the latest version of the software, it is advisable to upgrade the Magento (Adobe Commerce) store to version 2.3.
If you want to get more information on automated store import, read on. We will provide you with a detailed step-by-step guide on how to upgrade Magento to 2.3.
How to Move Magento to Magento to 2.3 in 5 Easy Steps?
There are 3 ways of Magento 2.3 (Adobe Commerce) upgrade: if you’re a high-skilled techie with a decent level of expertise, it is possible to perform store import manually. You can also hire a developer who will migrate Magento store to Magento 2.3 version for you (assisted). But this is rather an expensive option. And, alternatively, you can turn to the Cart2Cart migration solution).
Perform your store’s audit — delete all the outdated and useless data. This guide on pruning eCommerce websites might help you cope with the task.
Perform store backup to exclude any data loss (information may be saved to any of the external devices).
Calculate the exact price of the Magento to Magento 2.3 import using the Migration Estimator.
Save your customers’ passwords by installing Magento 2 Passwords Migration Plugin. A detailed guide on how to perform the setup can be found here. Note that this plugin will work only if you choose “Migrate customers’ passwords” from the list of additional options.
Additionally, traders migrating from Magento to Magento 2.3 can benefit from the Cart2Cart test store and the Migration Preview option (in case they are still hesitating whether to switch versions and want to see how their store will look on updated Magento).
Please be informed that due to the significant differences between Magento (Adobe Commerce) versions, the whole transfer process is considered to be a Migration of Magento to Magento.
Prepare Source and Target carts
Firstly, choose Magento (Adobe Commerce) as your Source and Target Cart (no need to specify versions of the software, they will be set automatically). Then copy stores’ URLs to the corresponding fields, download the Connection Bridge, and extract it to the root folder. This will connect the two stores.
Please take time to watch this video tutorial to learn more about Connection Bridge installation:
Select data entities & additional options
You have to choose the data types to be transferred to Magento 2.3. These include:
- Product categories,
- Reviews, etc.
Furthermore, the Cart2Cart migration tool provides its users with some additional options. They are not obligatory, but recommended to install:
“Create 301 redirects to your Target Store” helps preserve links from the Magento 1.x on your newly-established store.
“Preserve order/customer IDs on Target store” — saves order IDs on the Target Store after the migration.
“Migrate customers’ passwords” — allows customers to log into Magento 2.3 store with their old credentials.
Also, please note that at this stage, there’s a possibility to map order statuses and customer groups.
Perform Demo migration
Make use of the free Demo Migration option and export a limited number of data (up to 30 entities). This will help you familiarize yourself with the automated tool and see how your Magento 2.3 data look.
Note: do not close your browser when the migration is in process.
Watch the video to learn how to check the demo migration results on your new Magento (Adobe Commerce) store:
Start Full migration
Check the results of the Demo Migration, and if they meet your requirements, begin upgrading your store to Magento 2.3 (Adobe Commerce). Now it’s safe to close the browser window and return to your ordinary business.
Check out our infographic to get a better understanding of the migration process via Cart2Cart:
How to Migrate Magento (Adobe Commerce) to Magento 2.3: Recap
After you’ve been notified (via email) that the migration is over, we urge you to consider the following:
- Test your store (e.g., go through product categories, make a few test purchases, register new customers, etc.)
- Consider using the Recent Data Migration Service if new data has appeared on the Magento 1.x store in the process of migration.
So, if you want to level up your business and double revenue, do not waste time — upgrade Magento to 2.3 (Adobe Commerce) and be up to date with the whole world!
Magento 2.3 Upgrade. FAQs:
FAQ 1: Does Cart2Cart migration solution supports export of customer passwords during Magento 2.3 Upgrade?
Cart2Cart seo migration service supports migration of customers’ passwords while transferring data from one Magento version to another. For Magento Upgrade to 2.3 version you’ll need to install Free Cart2Cart Magento 2 Passwords Migration Plugin.
FAQ 2: Is it possible to restart Demo Migration?
Yes, Magento data migration with Cart2Cart permits users to restart Demo Migrations. In order to achieve it — do the following:
1.Log in to your Cart2Cart account
2.Step to My Migrations List
3.Find the needed migration where the demo is completed, and press “Continue Migration”
4.After, get back to the second step of the Migration Wizard “Demo Migration” and simply click “Start Demo Migration” button in the bottom. Demo data transfer will start over again.